You find yourself hurriedly running towards the bathroom and not getting there on-time adds insult to injury. This causes heads to turn, especially if you’re in a restaurant and makes people around you wonder what you’re up to. Suffering from anal leakage can be very uncomfortable, to say the least, and often times embarrassing. It is something that definitely requires urgent attention.
To accurately treat this smelly malady you must first have to understand its symptoms, causes and know possible treatment options available to you. Aside from being a source of embarrassment, it is not something to be taken lightly. You can’t just take the usual pill from the corner pharmacy and forget about it. In these cases, the leaky anus could be a chronic condition that requires proper medical care and management.
Causes and Symptoms of Anal Leakage (Summary)
2. Diarrhea (The most common reasons for diarrhea that causes anal leakage are inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), gastroenteritis and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
4. Damage to the sphincter muscles
5. Nerve damage (such as childbirth, frequent and long-term straining to pass impacted stool, diabetes, multiple sclerosis, stroke, Alzheimers disease)
How To Treat Anal Leakage Caused By Constipation (Summary)
1. Eat high fiber foods such as berries, brown rice, nuts, beans, wholemeal pasta, whole-wheat bread and popcorn.
2. Drink lots of water.
How To Treat Anal Leakage Caused By Diarrhea (Summary)
1. Significant decreasing intake of insoluble fiber such as nuts, beans and whole grains and beans and increase your intake of soluble fiber such bananas, peas, carrots, oats and apples.
2. Consume ginger/ make ginger drink
3. Consume chamomile tea.
4. Take probiotics regularly.
As much as possible, avoid spicy and fried foods and dairy products. Drink sufficient water for regular bowel movement for effective management of anal leakage.
Seek for specialists/doctors suggested series of anal and pelvic exercises in strengthening muscles for effective management of muscle damage. Kegel exercises are highly recommended.